[JW Lua] Group Scripts, Finale 2014 and such things

Paul W. Palm paul_w_palm at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 13 20:06:25 CET 2013

> Agreed; right now, I'm working on a 60+ page score for sinfonietta, and these scripts could potentially save around 40 hours that it would take to manually do all of the things these scripts do in seconds.  This is the perfect example of what a script can help with.

For me, the ideal (group) script would begin with a dialog that allowed the selection of the measurement units (e.g. EVPUs, Inches, Centimeters, Points, Picas, or Spaces), the number of those units to place cresc./decresc./dynamics below the staff, the number of those units to place between a dynamic and the beginning/end of a cresc./decresc. to the dynamic's immediate right/left, and the number of those units to place between hairpins [Messa di voce] that have no dynamic between them.

The perfect (group) script would remember the values last used, making them the current default, and proceed with a simple OK [Return/Enter press].