[JW Lua] JWLua Digest, Vol 4, Issue 4

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Tue Nov 5 15:21:35 CET 2013

On 2013-11-05 12:29, Gregory Theisen wrote:

> Will your other plugins work in 2014?

Basically speaking, yes. I'm updating a few of them. A new version of JW
Change was posted yesterday. A new version of JW Accidentals will be
available later, and probably some other updates.

> Do you see the Lua scripts eventually replacing these plugins?

Some of them will be, absolutely. For most Finale things, JW Lua will be
much more flexible and powerful for a Finale user. Some things that are
based on the "user interface" still make sense as plug-ins, such as JW
Change or JW Change Pitches.

There is also a "mixed approach" that I might try for some plug-ins in
the future, where the plug-in calls a Lua script that is kept inside the
plug-in.