[JW Lua] Script in menu (as plugin)?

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Fri Nov 8 18:46:34 CET 2013

On 2013-11-08 18:01, Bart Visser wrote:

> I’m totally new to JW Lua and to the Lua-programminglanguage (I do have some experience with Ruby).
> So excuse in advance for questions that are probably about basic stuff. I don’t know the etiquette,
> but I would suspect it’s best if I write questions about different topics in different messages?

First of all, welcome!!!

Personally, I'm fine with any approach towards how e-mails are
constructed, but it's easier to go back to an e-mail if the subject has
a good name.

> First question. I’ve create a first, very basic, script: toggle ‘show measure-numbers’. In
> the manager pane, I’ve put the script in the [Menu]-group. The problem is it doesn’t appear
> in the Finale-plugin menu. Is it supposed to show up as a separate plugin? Or is this a
> future feature?

The "[Menu]" group isn't hooked up yet. I hope to get it ready for the
next beta.

For now, scripts have to be put in group folders other than the "[Menu]"
and run through the Explorer in JW Lua.