[JW Lua] Read FileInfoText + Display the value of variable

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Tue Nov 12 23:00:48 CET 2013

On 2013-11-12 21:28, Charles O. Lawrence wrote:

> You say the "^title()" Enigma command would never exist in File Info text.
> This is confusing since the File Info includes a title among all the others.

The "^title()" command in a raw string is REPLACED with the File Info
title field, when it's displayed on screen. The File Info text is just
contents.

> When and where would a ^title() Enigma command ever exist.

When parsing a raw string, such as a string returned from
FCPageText:CreateTextString().

> When would you use the various IsEnigmaFileInfo tests?

When breaking down the raw string into subcomponents/substrings to find
a specific text insert command.

FCString:IsEnigmaFileInfoTitle() is equivalent to
FCString:StartsWith("^title()")

The documentation isn't long for the IsEnigmaFileInfo methods, but I
think it's clear enough?