[JW Lua] Weekend Challenge

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Fri Nov 22 23:52:11 CET 2013

Hello All!

I saw a question earlier today from David Ward, asking if there was a
version of the TGTools Accidentals that would work on Finale 2014.

Now, there seems to be quite a few of you who would be skilled enough to
create a script version of this in JW Lua. So I thought this might be a
fun challenge for you and asked David if I should try to post it on the
JW Lua mailing list, which he approved of.

I've attached David's screen shot of the feature set with this mail.

The tasks it does are trivial, except perhaps for the start of system
options, which wouldn't work nicely with linked parts (but that doesn't
work in the original TGTools version either). But perhaps you have an
ingenious work-around there?

It would be really fun if some of you would try it out. Post any
questions here and I'll try to answer them. The more versions and
approaches, the more fun!

If you have a completed script, you can post it as an attachment
directly in the discussion thread if you want:
http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=6&m=413733

Or post it on this list and I'll re-post it (giving the credits to the
original script author, of course).