[JW Lua] PageText not playing ball

Charles O. Lawrence charlesolawrence at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 17 23:30:51 CEST 2013

Dave,

nfx (whatever that is)

I have discovered that ^nfx(a) is the "effects" or "Styles", in Finale
terms, applied to the text between the tag and any following tag, where a is
a decimal value for a bitmap of the effects.  It is at least a byte value,
with the following bit values ( byte bit order -> 76543210):

0 - bold
1 - italics
2 - underlined
3 - ?
4 - ?
5 - strikeout
6 - ?
7 - hidden

For example, a value of 0 is plain, 1 is bold, 2 is italics, 3 is bold and
italics, etc.  A real example would be ^nfx(1)Some^nfx(0) ^nfx(2)text^nfx(0)
^nfx(4)with^nfx(0) ^nfx(3)effects

Charles