[JW Lua] Determining the current page

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Sun Oct 20 16:33:10 CEST 2013

On 2013-10-20 15:49, Charles O. Lawrence wrote:

> Is it possible to determine the current page that has focus in the
> document?  There is a way to setup to work the current part either by
> creating a part object with FCPart(finale.PARTID_CURRENT), or by looping
> through the parts and using the IsCurrent property.  I don’t see any
> similar mechanisms for pages.  How can something like this be done?

You always work in the current score/part scope unless you specify
otherwise. FCPages:LoadAll() for example, will always load the pages in
the score/part score currently in editing focus.

The current page in view is a user interface thing only, that wouldn't
make sense outside the currently visible scope. The page number and
other related things are available in the UI object (finenv.UI()
returning a FCUI object).