[JW Lua] More Page Text Fun

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Tue Oct 22 18:22:52 CEST 2013

I've tracked down the problem with the alignment. In your code, after
the line:

> newText.HorizontalAlignment = finale.TEXTHORIZALIGN_CENTER

add this line as well:
newText.HorizontalAlignmentRightPage = finale.TEXTHORIZALIGN_CENTER

Then it should behave in the same way as Finale.

I'm not sure how to fix this in a good way. To me, this seems to be a
subtle Finale bug (that the right-side positioning is used even when the
check box isn't checked).

I guess I'm forced to clone the behaviour of Finale's Frame Attributes
dialog box: auto-copy the default positioning/alignment values to the
right-side positioning values if the IndependentRightPage hasn't been set.

In the meantime, use the temporary fix above.