[JW Lua] Expression Categories

Dave Foster fozder at me.com
Fri Oct 25 12:40:42 CEST 2013

Hi Jari,
Thanks for this, to check we're understanding each other - so for expressions which belong to the "Tempo Marks" category, that already have "Use Tempo Marks Category Fonts" selected, changing the font in the category (programatically) doesn't update the expression fonts? They update when I change it manually - if I run:
-- Get the ID for the Tempo Marks category
local expCats = finale.FCCategoryDefs()
expCats:LoadAll()
local tempoMarkID
for expCat in each(expCats) do
	local title = expCat:CreateName()
	if (title:StartsWith("Tempo Marks")) then
		tempoMarkID = expCat:GetID()
		--local fontInfo = finale:FCFontInfo() -- (1)
		--fontInfo.Name = "Arial Black" -- (2)
		--expCat:SetTextFontInfo(fontInfo) -- (3)
		--print(expCat:Save()) -- (4)
-- Print the full strings of expressions in the Tempo Marks category
local exps = finale.FCTextExpressionDefs()
exps:LoadAll()
for exp in each(exps) do
	if (exp:GetCategoryID() == tempoMarkID) then
		local expText = exp:CreateTextString()
		print (expText.LuaString)
then manually go in and change the Tempo Marks category fonts, then run it again, the Enigma font strings have changed. However, un-commenting lines (1)-(4) in the code (to change the category font programatically) the category fonts update and in the expression designer, but not the fonts in the expressions themselves. Is this right?
Cheers,
Dave