[JW Lua] Create lyrics

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Tue Apr 1 16:25:57 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-01 15:59, Chris wrote:
> I had a little thought but add I must add all the notes with accidentals
> (#, b, ##, bb).

You could get that in a static lyrics string with 35 syllables, such as:
* Syllables 1-7 without accidentals
* Syllables 8-14 with #
* Syllables 15-21 with b
* Syllables 22-28 with ##
* Syllables 29-35 with bb

> Otherwise if it is not too waste your time, what do you think of this loop:
> /repeat
> //    SyllableNumber = SyllableNumber + 1
> //    vs.SyllableNumber= SyllableNumber
> //until not vs:IsValidSyllableNumber() /
>
> Is there a risk of infinite loop (I must find the number of the first
> syllable in the case of lyrics exist).

No, that should work. IsValidSyllableNumber() is passed to Finale and
could be rather slow when called a lot. I should probably include a more
optimized way to find the total number of syllables.