[JW Lua] Multimeasure rests and measure width

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Sat Aug 9 18:46:42 CEST 2014

Jan,

New and unedited MM rests are based on the width value in the MM
preferences in the Document Settings.

A MM rest width is not related to the underlying measure widths. The MM
rest width can be edited numerically in the Measure Tool context menu in
Finale.

To get the printed width of a measure or MM rest on a staff system, you
need to look at the HorizontalStretch value in the cell metrics. The
HorizontalStretch value is identical for all measures on the same staff
system.