[JW Lua] FCStaffSystem:CalcHeight()

Bart Visser bartvisser at me.com
Thu Dec 4 17:38:29 CET 2014

Hi Jari,

I would like to place a page text 1,5cm blow the last staff system of a page. In order to do this, I'm trying to calculate the sum of the height of every staff system on the page. If I use the FCStaffSystem:CalcHeight() function I get an unexpected result:

local s = finale.FCStaffSystem()
s:Load(2)
local height = s:CalcHeight(true)
print(height) --> 320 but should be ±255 (2,25 cm)

Would it be possible for you to explain which parts of a StaffSystem are used in the CalcHeight-function?

- BottomMargin?
- TopMargin?
- SpaceAbove?
- StaffHeight? (with a calculation to get a EPVU32?)

Thanks,

Bart