[JW Lua] JW Lua window functionality improvements

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Thu Feb 6 21:25:02 CET 2014

After working a little bit more with JW Lua, I have some suggestions for
improvements
on the JW Lua window functionality.

- Ctrl-F (or Alt-F): Please insert a simple text search function to be
able to browse the code faster.
If it gets longer and longer (more than 1000 lines), it takes quite some
time to find the right function.
Idea: Just open a dialog with one text field, a search button (=ok) and
a cancel button

- On Finale/Windows: Map Alt-S (for save) and the other menu functions
to Ctrl-... which is more common on Windows.  Or does that interfere
with the Finale standard "Save" functionality ?

- To be able to make the JW Lua window as big as 1920x1080 screen size
(or whatever big screen size you have). Currently the maximum size I can
get is about 1108x824 on my 1920x1080 screen.

- when closing a Finale file (i.e. the score, not the JW Lua plugin),
the JW Lua plugin closes as well - currently without asking if the
changes should be saved. So changes in the plugin code will be lost,
when closing the score file. Is it possible to ask "Save changes ?"
within the plugin, when the score file is to be closed ?

- And one more suggestion for the UI/environment variables: Give access
to the standard Finale directories. E.g. to be able to find the
"PercNoteTypes.txt" automatically

Best,