[JW Lua] JW Lua window functionality improvements

Charles O. Lawrence charlesolawrence at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 7 14:49:44 CET 2014

Jan,

These are all good suggestions.  Points 1 and 2 can probably be implemented
with the freeware AutoHotkey utility outside of Finale/JWLua.  The search
might be a little more involved, but I think it could be done.  I'm sure the
ALT and/or CTRL with keys could be done.  It is a great utility if you don't
have it for making hotkeys for anything Windows related.

On point 3, I sometimes have wished for a larger window on my 27" monitor,
but I have never bothered to ask Jari.

Good catch on point 4.  I had discovered many versions ago that there were
several ways one could lose work not having been saved in the JWLua window.
Jari closed those loopholes, but closing a Finale score before closing the
JWLua window was not one of the scenarios I ever considered doing.

Charles

BTW:  Closing down Finale with a modified unsaved JWLua window open suffers
from the same problem, no matter if a score is open or not.  I did something
while experimenting and when I opened the JWLua plug-in again, the modified
but unsaved JWLua script reopened.  I have not pinned down exactly how this
happened yet.  When I get a chance, I'll work on the AHK scripts and see
what I get.