[JW Lua] Pickup measure

Charles O. Lawrence charlesolawrence at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 17 21:41:52 CET 2014

Peter Thomsen of the MakeMusic forum posed this question in a recent post on
the Mac side:

PS
I wonder whether it is possible to write a Finalescript script, that can
create a pickup measure in the newer and better way via the Time Signature
Tool.
Can a script be interactive, and display a dialog box where you can specify
a pickup duration?
I believe it is possible to write a plug-in, that can do the trick.

This is an open challenge to all JWLua scripters to come up with such a
script.  I'll be working on it when I get some time.  Even though he refers
to Finalescript, JWLua will be better suited to the task, I'm sure.

Get those wheels turning!