[JW Lua] Calling FCNote:GetString(pitch, key) on a percussion staff

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Fri Jul 4 08:06:07 CEST 2014

Jan,

FCNote:GetString() takes the key parameter as input to convert to the
string. Reusing an existing key signature object as the input is faster
than using nil (which would re-read the entry's key signature info at
each call).

If you need a key signature object, you can get it from
FCCell:GetKeySignature() or FCMeasure:GetKeySignature(). The FCMeasure
version uses the global/vertical key signature for the measure, while
the FCCell version looks at independent key signatures.