[JW Lua] GetStaffPosition for a note entry ?

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Mon Jul 7 12:34:28 CEST 2014

Jari,

thanks for the hint !
But: FCNote:CalcActualDisplacement() seems to return wrong results for
percussion staves.
When using NoteEntry:CalcHighestPercussionNote ():CalcActualDisplacement()
it seems to ignore percussion layout. Notes on the same staff pos, but
with different
MIDI values return different positions.

And the standard note results do not have the same range as percussion
note results
(which have staff position 6 on the middle line, CalcActualDisplacement
returns -4 on middle line).

Attached below are my own functions that deliver the same staff position
for both standard and percussion staves. They seem to work fine,
although I probably should switch to FCNote:CalcActualDisplacement()
and add range adjust, as it probably has had more testing yet.

function GetPercPitch(staff,note)
      local layerinstrdef=staff:CreateLayerInstrumentDef(1)
      local percmapnotes=layerinstrdef:CreatePercussionMapNotes()
      local percID=staff:CalcPercussionLayoutID(0)
      local perclayoutnotes=finale.FCPercussionLayoutNotes()
      perclayoutnotes:LoadAllForItem(percID)
      return
perclayoutnotes:FindMidiNote(note,percmapnotes):GetStaffPosition()
end

function GetStaffPos(entry,staff)
     --calc note position in staff, rests return 0
     local staffpos=0

     -- Get clef, key signature, major/minor and measure
     local clef=finale.FCClefDef()
     clef:Load(entry:GetClefIndex())
     local measure=finale.FCMeasure()
     measure:Load(entry.Measure)
     local key=measure:GetKeySignature()
     local minor=0
     if key:IsMinor() then
        minor=-2
     end

     local percussionhighestnote=entry:CalcHighestPercussionNote ()
     if percussionhighestnote~= nil then
staffpos=GetPercPitch(staff,percussionhighestnote:CalcMIDIKey())
     elseif entry:IsRest() or (entry.Duration==0) then -- return 0 on rests
          staffpos=0
     else
         staffpos=entry:CalcHighestNote(NULL):GetDisplacement() --
replace with FCNote:CalcActualDisplacement()
                        +clef:GetVerticalAdjust()
                        +staff:GetTransposeInterval()
                        +key:CalcRootRelationIndex()
                        +minor
                        +10           -- make range compatible with
percussion staves
     end
     return staffpos