[JW Lua] Setting instruments to solo mode - save functionality missing

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Thu May 29 17:16:29 CEST 2014

Jari,

a feature request that I had submitted to MakeMusic some time ago, would
also be feasible with JW Lua:
creatings sets of instrument for solo playback.

For example, if I am currently working on the woodwind part of an
orchestral score. I would like to listen quickly, for example, only to
the flutes/oboes or all woodwinds or whatever... It is very clumsy
setting the solo mode in score manager, especially if you want to switch
a lot between the large instrument sets.
So the idea would be to define instrument groups in the JW Lua plugin
and with one macro key switch setting these instrument to solo playback.

I tried this example code (on Staff 5 / Layer 1).
But while I can get and set the solo mode, it seems like the final
save-functionality
is not implemented yet.

local InstrPlaybackData = finale.FCInstrumentPlaybackData()
InstrPlaybackData:Load(5)
local NoteLayerPlaybackData = InstrPlaybackData:GetNoteLayerData(1)
--Read layer 1
NoteLayerPlaybackData:SetSolo(true)
NoteLayerPlaybackData:SaveNew()    -- not working

Maybe you could add that in the next release ?

Have a nice day,
Jan Angermueller