[JW Lua] Iteration of Tables

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Sun Nov 30 21:19:24 CET 2014

Hi Bruce,

if you look at the pairs(table) description in
http://lua-users.org/wiki/ForTutorial :
"Note that the order that items are returned is not defined, not even
for indexed tables."

If you use *i*pairs instead, the order in which elements are returned is
guaranteed
to be in the numeric order of the indices.

If you use pairsbykeys, they will be sorted in alphabetical key order.
That's not the order that you built up the table in your code
(i.e. your keys are not sorted in alphabetical order). Maybe that's a hint ?

--
Jan Angermüller
Jevenstedter Str. 80