[JW Lua] Reset articulations respecting the CenterHorizontally flag

Thomas Weber thomas.weber at notengrafik.com
Tue Aug 18 13:12:52 CEST 2015

Dear JW Lua experts,

as documented in the PDK reference, the current implementation of articulation's ResetPos() member doesn't respect the CenterHorizontally flag of its respective articulation definition.

http://www.finaletips.nu/frameworkref/class_f_c_articulation.html#a622c72d13c4cb14b02426cbf752e0810

I'm wondering if there's a way to do the centering manually.  The required horizontal positiuon depends on the widths of both the notehead and the glyph or shape that is usedfor the articulation.

CalcWidestNoteheadWidth() should give me the needed notehead width (maybe not if the widest notehead is flipped and the others are less wide).  But how can I find out the width of the articulation?  Is that possible at all?  If I aquire some font metadata (outside Finale), then this would certainly be possible, although it's not ideal.  But what about Shapes?

Many thanks
Thomas Weber