[JW Lua] UI stuff

Thomas Weber thomas.weber at notengrafik.com
Tue Aug 25 13:15:39 CEST 2015

Dear Jari,

there are a few UI related questions I have.

1) Is it possible to make scripted dialogs modeless?  Sometimes it would be useful if the dialog doesn't block interaction/selection.

2) The PDK allows calling the text expression, articulation and shape dialogues, which is great. Does Finale also expose the smart line dialogue?

3) I tried incorporating wxLua as a module so I can create more complex user interfaces, but it seems that C modules don't work with JW Lua (while modules written in Lua work just fine).  I also tried the Lua file system module and a C module I wrote myself.  The modules are found alright when I add their directory to package.cpath, e.g. like

package.cpath = package.cpath .. ";C:\\Dokumente und Einstellungen\\tom\\Eigene Dateien\\?.dll"
local wx = require "wx"

but then I get the error

Running [Unnamed Script] ======>
error loading module 'wx' from file 'C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\tom\Eigene Dateien\wx.dll':
    Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

<======= [Unnamed Script] FAILED.

which might translate to "The specified module could not be found".  A common problem for this error seems to be that the module and the host program were not compiled for the same architecture, but I checked that everything is 32bit (x86), so there must be another problem.

It would be great if we could leverage the full power of the "extensible extension language" that Lua is.

Grüße
Thomas Weber