[JW Lua] Expression/Articulation Duplicates

Charles O. Lawrence charlesolawrence at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 3 15:39:57 CET 2015

Jari, et al.,

This is not really a JW Lua question, but I am just asking for any insight
you may have on the subject.  Do you know what constitutes a duplicate for
an expression or articulation?  For example, if I open a new document
without libraries, and then load the Maestro Font Default library twice,
there are no duplicates created in either the expressions or articulations.
I then load the \Maestro Font\ directory libraries for Expressions and
Articulations.  Originally there were 62 articulations.  Now there are
almost double that at 119 as opposed to 124.  I have not determined what
missing 5 are.  There were originally 71 expressions in the 6 categories and
10 in the miscellaneous category.  The expressions again almost doubled.
Instead of the expected 142 in the six categories, there are only 125.  The
Tempo Marks category that contains 17 expressions, did not get duplicated
(142-17=125).  The 10 Miscellaneous were duplicated.

If I start with a new document without libraries and load the \Maestro
Font\Articulations.LIB file, it contains 62 articulations, exactly the same
as the Maestro Font Default library.  If I load it twice, no duplicates are
created, still only 62.  Why are there 5 missing in the above procedure?

If I start with a new document without libraries and load the \Maestro
Font\Expressions.LIB file, it contains 81 (71 and 10) expressions, exactly
the same as the Maestro Font Default library.  If I load it twice, no
duplicates are created, still only 81.  The Tempo Marks category is missing?
Any idea why?

Thanks,

Charles