[JW Lua] Default font of "Miscellaneous" expression category

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Sun Feb 1 20:28:42 CET 2015

Jari,

am I right that there is no FCCategoryDef for the default
"Miscellaneous" category ? I was looking for its default font, but
couldn't get an object. As the "Miscellaneous Category" default settings
can't be edited in Finale either, it's probably not possible to get an
FCCategoryDef for that category.

Then I was looking into FCFontPrefs and found a font entry called
FONTPREF_EXPRESSION, although in the Finale Document Options->Fonts
there is no entry called expression.
Is there any relation between FONTPREF_EXPRESSION and text expressions
in Finale 2014 ?
When I created the font info object from FONTPREF_EXPRESSION it returned
"Times" as the font name. I think I used that in some old documents of
the 90s, but I can't find a type called "Times" anywhere in the current
Document Options->Font.
Maybe FONTPREF_EXPRESSION is a default font that was used in previous
versions of Finale ?