[JW Lua] Preview images of the functionality

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Fri Jan 16 10:17:05 CET 2015

What do you think of the possibilty of adding a "preview image"
to the numerous plugins that we all have for Finale ?
Should be more far more than 100 and it's difficult
to memorize all their functions.
It would great for example in JW Lua if this could be integrated
in the user dialog.

How about an image like the attached one
(taken from Jari's harp glissando script)
that illustrates the main functionality ?
If there are several options in a dialog,
the preview image could even change according to the currrent settings.
I think this would be a big help finding the
correct plugin with the right settings very quickly -
at least for more complex plugins.

If the images were stored in Finale's plugin directory (or a subdirectory),
one could even automatically generate a visual list of contents
and have an even better overview of all the available functions.
There are also many images already available (for example from the
TGTools website).

This is not only a JW Lua topic, but also goes for all the other plugins.