[JW Lua] Two identical RawTextIDs for different strings ?

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Tue Jul 7 18:35:31 CEST 2015

On 2015-05-27 14:19, Jan Angermüller wrote:

> when going through all text blocks from FCTextBlocks I noticed that
> different text blocks share the same FCTextBlock.RawTextID, but with
> different text contents. So RawTextID seems to be ambiguous.
> For example, a text expression FCTextBlock ("div.") can have the same
> FCTextBlock.RawTextID as a staff name FCTextBlock ("Perc."). Is that
> correct ?

Yes, staff texts are tagged to the text block pool, while text
expressions are stored with their own tags. (Other available tags are
elements like verselyrics, sectionlyrics, choruslyrics, smartshapetext,
bookmarks. All these have their own sets of raw text IDs.)

> I also noticed that it's not possible to create FCRawText objects, i.e.
> it's not possible to call:
> local rt=finale.FCRawText()
> rt:Load(1)

That's correct, but the FCRawText constructor should not be supported by
the syntax highlighting in the JW Lua editor. I'll correct that for the
next beta.