[JW Lua] FCInstrumentDef feature request

Charles O. Lawrence charlesolawrence at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 25 16:00:06 CEST 2015

Jari,

Is it possible to implement the CreateString() method documented in the PDK
for the class FCInstrumentDef?  I have a need to be able to retrieve the
instrument name used for a staff, not necessarily the same as the full staff
name.  Will this do it, or is there another way.  I cannot find a way to
correlate the UUID with a text name, only a constant name.   Would there be
a way to use JW Lua to reach back into the Finale.instruments SQLite
database?

Regards,

Charles