[JW Lua] Performing a "Load Library" / "Save Library" call

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Fri Mar 13 18:27:58 CET 2015

Jari,

would it possible to include a function call for a loading/saving a
Finale library within JW Lua ?
Probably it is possible as Finalescript can do it - although I don't
know if JW Lua will be able to access the new values after loading.

This would be a workaround for accessing or changing values that are
currently not available through JW Lua or even the PDK.
The idea would be: first create (save) a library from within JW Lua,
read the library file and change the values as required, re-save and
then re-load into Finale -> everything within one JW Lua script.
I have already written code to create (save) some smaller libraries
on-the-fly with user values (for example the clef library), but
currently I have to load the library manually afterwards.

A bigger project would be the manipulating code for the huge document
options library. But at least it would give access to all document options.