[JW Lua] Antw.: How to mark objects to be excepted from automatic processing?

Thomas Weber thomas.weber at notengrafik.com
Sat Nov 14 21:27:27 CET 2015

Thanks Harald,

Am 14.11.2015 um 21:00 schrieb Harald Schollmeyer:

> you can get the default positioning via FCTextExpressionDef and you can get the actual position via FCExpression. If you calc the difference, you can find our whether it has been moved.
>
> Is it that what you are looking for?

Well, this doesn't cover the following cases:

* If one doesn't want the script to touch an element at its default position
* An element has been moved away from its default by a script, not by a human (e.g. when re-running the script after some edits)

Maybe one could misuse some playback specific info for flagging purposes - if playback data isn't of interest.  For expressions this could be the PlaybackLayerAssignment property, VelocityDelta for notes and the like.  Not very nice, but unless there's a better way, it might do.