[JW Lua] Antw.: How to mark objects to be excepted from automatic processing?

Thomas Weber thomas.weber at notengrafik.com
Sun Nov 15 12:30:00 CET 2015

Hi Bart,

I did *not* think about all of them, but I consider a variant of your option 3.

Am 15.11.2015 um 12:08 schrieb Bart Visser:
> 1. Add an Expression-category, and move those expressions that you want to be left alone (not a very good solution, but it should work)
>
> 2. Add something to the comment-field of the Expression. This isn't displayed anywhere but can be read (and altered) by JW Lua.

Both suffer from the problem that one would need duplicates if one wants some instances to be left alone and some not.

> 3. A more troublesome way could be to create a hidden page-text where you add the ID's of the expressions you want to be left alone.

To make it less troublesome and more user friendly (especially if the user eventually is not the script author), I consider using hidden MeasureText anchored to the same MeasurePos as the expression.  It might be slow to search for these hidden texts for each expression, but one could generate an index that maps both of them to certain cells/MeasurePos so lookup is faster.  These hidden MeausurTexts could also carry other info that might be of use for a script.

Thomas