[JW Lua] Button press callback

Charles O. Lawrence charlesolawrence at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 18 03:38:02 CET 2015

Thanks very much for the explanations.

I understand about the method CreateTree(), but still do not see how to use
the FCTreeNode found in the class browser under the filter "Dialog Boxes".
There is no corresponding method in the FCCustomLuaWindow class.  How is one
supposed to use FCTreeNode, if at all, or is one to always just use
AddNode()?

Similarly, how is one supposed to use FCControl, if at all, or is one to
always use the methods supplied to create the various controls?

I see how you setup the callback for the button press.  What was confusing
to me was how to check which of several buttons was pressed.  Normally when
you call a function, in this case mycommandhandler, which has an argument,
thecontrol, you have to pass the value of the argument to the function.  It
appears that when you RegisterHandleCommand to setup the callback function,
you don't specify an argument to the callback function, rather it somehow
"magically" gets the argument, in this case the control ID, via the fact
that the definition of the function has an argument.  This is strange to me.
Also, how can you define mybutton as local and yet it is in the scope of the
callback function?

Charles