[JW Lua] Staff name position can't be changed

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Thu Nov 19 18:04:04 CET 2015

Jari,

if I followed all updates to FCStaffBase/FCStaff/FCStaffStyleDef
correctly until the latest 0.43 release, it (still) isn't possible to
change the FCStaffNamePosition if it hadn't been changed before as the
*property **Use**FullNamePositioning**is missing* in the interface and
won't be set to true automatically if FCStaffNamePosition had been
changed. So the new position will be stored internally, but not used
visually -  as "Full Staff Name Position" can't be checked in the Staff
Attributes dialog.

Same goes for Use*Abbreviated*NamePositioning.

In FCGroup it's also the same thing, but there we already have the
property UseFullNamePosition. So it works fine there.

Below is the code snippet. It (visually) shifts the staff name *only*,
if "Full Staff Name Position" in the Staff Attributes dialog was checked
before. If it wasn't checked, it will not visually effect the position,
but only change the vertical value in the "Position Full Staff Name" dialog.

I posted a similar mail on the 22nd of March 2015 (AFAIK without
response). But I think this description is clearer now.

All the best,
Jan

local staves=finale.FCStaves()
staves:LoadAll()
for s in each(staves) do
     local staffpos=s:GetFullNamePosition()
     staffpos.VerticalOffset=staffpos.VerticalOffset+150
     s:Save()