[JW Lua] FCCurrentStaffSpec and current clef

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Fri Oct 16 08:49:58 CEST 2015

On 2015-09-26 16:31, Jan Angermüller wrote:

> is it correct that FCCurrentStaffSpec.FirstClef doesn't return the clef
> used at the requested cell position, but the default clef of the measure
> ? I.e. it doesn't into account mid-measure clefs or regular clef changes ?
> I think it would be a great feature if FCCurrentStaffSpec also returned
> the clef used at the requested measure position.

I would also think that would be a convenient feature. However, the
FCCurrentStaffSpec is calculated by Finalem and only reflects the
resulting "staff style" at a particular position in the piece.

I'll see if I can add a separate method to some class that calculates
the clef at specific point in the score. It won't be fast for large
chunks of data, but it would be convenient.