[JW Lua] Some staff system metrics

Charles O. Lawrence charlesolawrence at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 23 14:09:59 CEST 2015

Jari and JW Lua fans;

Does anyone know the metrics on how to calculate the distance between the
bottom line of one staff and the top line of the next staff below it, all
within a system, not between systems?  Also, is the metric for set/get the
line spacing available, i.e. what you can do from the "Staff Setup" dialog
box, "Score Manager->Staff->Other."?  I really need these metrics to be able
to get the height of a given staff, and to center an expression between two
staves in a system.  I am struggling with this.  Any help will be greatly
appreciated.  Maybe there is a way that I am overlooking.

Thanks,

Charles

UPDATE, I have found FCStaffSystems:CalcStaveSpan(), but need to be able to
calculate a given staff height, something like (4*linespacing), for normal 5
line staff.