[JW Lua] CMPR and INCI

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Fri Oct 30 12:44:46 CET 2015

On 2015-10-29 16:00, Charles O. Lawrence wrote:
> This may have been explained before, but if so, I don’t remember.  What
> are ItemCmpr and ItemInci, and how, if at all, do they relate to ItemNo?

ItemNo is identical to ItemCmper, and it's used when the inci isn't used
for the class (=when inci always equals 0).

Cmper and inci are Finale's internal database record pointers for some
types of data.

The Cmper value is the main value, and is often a "linked" reference to
some Finale value that would make sense for the storage position. For
example, text blocks attached to a single page are stored at the cmper
that reflects the 1-based page number.

The inci value is a sub-index counter for multiple records at the same
position (such as when Cmper is used as the main location). I'm pretty
sure inci is an abbreviation for something like "incremental integer".
First inci is always 0 and then going upwards, and there are never any
holes in the inci chain.