[JW Lua] Fundamental question: How to retrieve entry be ENTNUM

Thomas Weber thomas.weber at notengrafik.com
Tue Sep 1 12:43:22 CEST 2015

Dear experts,

my first attempt at retrieving a NoteEntry of which I know the ENTNUM (as well as measure and staff) was as follows:

    local cellEntries = finale.FCNoteEntryCell(measure, staff)
    cellEntries:Load()
    local entry = cellEntries:FindENTNUM(entnum)

However, the FindENTNUM member doesn't seem to be exposed to Lua.  I searched the PDK documentation for anything else that would give me an FCNoteEntry from an ENTNUM but didn't see anything.

My alternative is:

    local cellEntries = finale.FCNoteEntryCell(measure, staff)
    cellEntries:Load()
    local entry
    for e in each(cellEntries) do
        if e.ENTNUM == entnum then
            entry = e
            break

This works, but I feel there must be a more proper way of doing it that I'm missing.  Can anybody enlighten me?

Viele Grüße
Thomas Weber