[JW Lua] UI:MoveToMeasure doesn't advance the score

Harald Schollmeyer hschollm at gmx.net
Wed Sep 23 19:31:34 CEST 2015

Hi Jan,

> But in score scroll view it only advances if it is a measure that is
> currently not visible.

Very interesting, thanks! Also for the workaround.

But obviously, MoveToMeasure doesn't work as it should. Or am I
missing something?  The documentation on
http://www.finaletips.nu/frameworkref/class_f_c_u_i.html#a4fd5ee9154ebe4df73326d5dfbe9c650
gives no limitations about jumping to
visible/not visible measures, so I have to assume,
the command is supposed to jump to *any* measure.

Is it a bug or a feature? Maybe anyone has the full Finale pdk
and could shed some light on the underlying function?

I need it for easy and precise scrolling while entering music.
I use a Roccat Tyon mouse and want the thumb lever to control
Finale's horizontal scrolling. Up to now, I assigned Strg+PgUp/PgDown
to that lever in the mouse's software, but that scrolls a whole screen
into either direction. I need single-measure-scrolling.

As Finale doesn't have a hotkey for single-measure-scrolling, the only
solution up to now is a FinaleScript with command e.g. "click 240/945"
to trigger the horizontal scrollbar's arrows. But that displaces my
cursor, which is really annoying during the entering process.

> or something like shift+mouse wheel to jump to the next measure ?

Shift+Mouse does vertical scrolling, not horizontal, so that
doesn't get me where I want.

Apart from that...in long-term view, I would even prefer to use the
(now useless) Pitch-Bend and Modulation wheels for controlling
horizontal+vertical scrolling. They could even help a lot for completely
other purposes, like moving articulations, expressions or opening
hairpins. But that's another story.

Harald