[JW Lua] Loading an FCNote

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Thu Aug 25 13:30:36 CEST 2016

And another load question:

FCNote has the identifier NoteID, but that doesn't relate to
FCNoteEntry:GetItemAt().
I.e. the NoteID may be 2, because the NoteID 1 doesn't exist anymore,
but in FCNoteEntry it now is index 0.
Jari, could you add the "Note Slot" property as Finale calls it in the
Edit Frame dialog to be able to directly load a known (!) FCNote from
within FCNoteEntry via FCNoteEntry:GetItemAt. Or add a function to
FCNoteEntry that takes the NoteID (i.e. FCNoteEntry:GetNote())

Otherwise I always have to call a loop to find the correct NoteID from
within an FCNoteEntry, something like:
for note in each(noteentry) do
   if (noteentry.NoteID == NOTEID) then
     ...do something with the note ...
      break

It would be nicer to have instead:
note=noteentry:GetNote(NOTEID)

The problem occured after a ForEachNote iterator. In the iterator I can
only store the NoteID (not the Note Slot).
If I want to work with the FCNote later, I always need the
FCNoteEntry-loop to load it.

Best,