[JW Lua] Can JW Lua scripts mess up documents that can't be repaired afterwards ?

Bart Visser bartvisser at me.com
Wed Dec 7 16:57:59 CET 2016

Hi all,

I’m surprised by the skepticism of Michael Johnson. I’ve never experienced anything like this with JW Lua (and can’t remember if this happend with other plugins). Jan’s experience is mine’s as well: with JW Lua we can fix bugs (or not fully functional features) in Finale. I for one would not only love to see more options within JW Lua but think MakeMusic should integrate it into Finale like they did with Human Playback.

So I disagree with Michael Johnson. I wonder if he can show concrete examples of this (besides the problem Jan has pointed out, which might be a bug that can be fixed).

All the best,

Bart