[JW Lua] FCCtrlPopup with unicode characters and different fonts

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Wed Feb 3 21:28:10 CET 2016

Jari,

is it already possible to change the*font and font style of an
FCCtrlPopup string* ?
When I use something like this:

local popup= dialog:CreatePopup(0,0)
local str=finale.FCString()
str.LuaString="^font(Maestro,0)^size(24)^nfx(0)F"
popup:AddString(str)

the resulting popup will display the enigma tags "^font..." instead of
only the text content ("F").
As you request an FCString for AddString, I thought it must be possible
somehow.
It would be fantastic if you could get this to work in the next beta.

And a second question:
is it possible to include *unicode characters (>255) *in this popup string ?
I tried some encoding functions that work fine for me in other JW Lua
functions, but they didn't seem to work here.

But apart from that: your new dialog design with FCCustomLuaWindow works
like a charm.
Brilliant design, Jari ! Thanks a lot.

Best,