[JW Lua] Generating a new part possible ?

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Fri Feb 12 15:19:11 CET 2016

Hi Jari and all,

is it already possible to generate a new part on the fly in JW Lua ?
Well, I haven't succeeded yet. But I also have no clue where to start.

For example:
1.) The FCPart constructor requires an ID:
local part=finale.FCPart(ID)
Which ID do I need ?
Does the constant finale.PARTID_UNKNOWN make sense in this case ?
Allthough it's labeled as for internal use only ?

2.) Do I need the SwitchTo/SwitchBack command for the creation ?

3.) How do I assign the staves to the part ?
Do I need FCStaffSystems or FCStaffSystemLookup ?

4.) FCPart:SaveNew() always returned false in my test cases, probably
because anything was missing in the lines before.

5.) A simple duplication of a part didn't work either, SaveNew()
returned false:
local part=finale.FCPart(finale.PARTID_CURRENT)
print(part:SaveNew()) --prints false

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,