[JW Lua] NoteheadMods won't display

Mr.Pat Mr.Pat at pdreditions.com
Fri Jun 3 06:24:48 CEST 2016

Hi All,

When I run the following script everything seems to work except the changes
don't display. What am I missing?

local region = finenv.Region()

for noteentry in eachentrysaved(region) do

    if noteentry.Duration == 16384 then  -- This is a double-double whole
rest.

        for note in each (noteentry) do

            local nhm = finale.FCNoteheadMod()

            nhm:SaveAt(Note)

            nhm:LoadFirst()

            print (nhm.FontName)  -- Returns Maestro

            print (nhm:GetCustomChar())  -- Returns 0

            nhm.UseCustomFont = true

            local fontnamestring = finale.FCFontInfo()

            nhm:GetFontInfo(fontnamestring)

            nhm:SetFontName("Renaissance")

            nhm.CustomChar = 79

            nhm:SaveAt(Note)

            print (nhm.FontName)  -- Returns Renaissance

            print (nhm:GetCustomChar())  -- Returns 79

If I rerun the script on the same measure, noting has changed.

If past experiences hold, I'll have figured it out before I get an answer to
this post. But feel free to respond if you know what I need to do.

Thanks for any insight,

Pat