[JW Lua] TextExpressionDef in Use?

Robert Wildling robertwildling at gmail.com
Thu May 12 10:16:46 CEST 2016

Hi again,

I am searching through the archive and the documentation and testing a lot,
but sofar I didn't find anything that allows me to check, whether a
textExpressiondefintion (or shape...) is in use or not.

When opening the Expression Tools, it is possible to delete entries. As
long as such an entry is not in use, Finale just deletes it. But when the
item is assigned to a note somewhere, a alert dialog pops up and offers
either to replace it with another element or delete it from the library and
score.

And this is exactly, what I am looking for: the check, whether the element
is used somewhere in the score. Something like a flag on the object (e.g.
"used": true).

Can this be done with JW Lua? If so, what would be the proper way to go?

Thanks for any hints!

All the best,
Robert