[JW Lua] Demos of my JW Lua Projects

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Tue May 17 03:46:12 CEST 2016

Dear Jari and dear colleagues,

after more than two years on this mailing list, I have started to put my
first huge JW Lua demos on my homepage.
Unfortunately nothing is available for public download yet (I am working
on the beta night and day...), but I think you already get very excited
when you see the online demos.

The first huge project is the "*Perfect Layout*" plug-in which automates
more than 80 Finale layout tasks, from slur/tie/hairpin collision
removement through automatic alignment to spacing and part optimization.
The plug-in is described and demonstrated in detail here:
http://elbsound.studio/perfect_layout.php

The second huge plug-in is the "*House Style / Font Changer*" which
allows to switch to nearly any (!) music font or font mixes and to
update any document settings. More than 350 music and chord fonts with
more than 1200 musical symbols are already implemented.
My website includes a huge *online music font comparison* which was
created automatically with the plug-in.
It shows four musical examples with *150 music font families*:
http://elbsound.studio/music_fonts2.php

With the combination of both projects it's possible to automatically
layout more or less any Finale document in any music font as the
automated layout requires semantic information on the used musical
symbols which can be read from the music font database.
The overall code size of both plug-ins is about 50.000 JW Lua lines of
code plus about 185.000 lines of font symbol and document setting data.
Both plug-ins have already gone through more than a year of testing and
it won't be long until they are released.

Another resource that I compiled while working on these projects is a
comprehensive music related font list with more than 850 entries:
http://elbsound.studio/music_fonts.php

Some smaller JW Lua projects are also described on the homepage:
http://elbsound.studio/finale_plugins.php

I am very happy to hear your comments and/or wishes for more automated
tasks in Finale.
And I would like thank Jari again and again for making this great
development tool !

Best,