[JW Lua] Introducing a "linked to score" property ?

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Fri May 27 16:26:45 CEST 2016

Jari,

is there a way to find out, if an expression (or smartshape) in a part
is linked to the score if all its standard properties are identical ?
For example, if I drag an expression in a part and then move it back to
its original position. All properties are now the same as in the score,
nevertheless it's not linked anymore. How can I detect that this
"unmoved" expression is not linked to the score ?
I assume that this is currently not possible.
Maybe the unavailable IsIdenticalRecord() would help ? I am not sure.

Currently I browse through all expressions in a score and delete them in
the parts and re-save them in the score to make sure everything is
(re-)linked. This works fine, but it takes many seconds in a huge score
(same goes for example for relinking smartshapes).

So it would be great, if there was a property/function that offered the
current "linked" status.
Then I would only have to delete/resave only very few items which would
save many seconds of processing time.

Relinking all items in my huge example score takes about 5 seconds for
expressions, 14 seconds for hairpins, 13 seconds for slurs, etc.
Relinking the actually unlinked items takes only some milliseconds for
each category in the same score. So it's more than 30 seconds saved for
a rather unspectacular operation.

Best,