[JW Lua] FCSmartShapeSegment.BreakOffsetX can only be changed for hairpins if it had been manually changed before

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Mon May 30 14:04:07 CEST 2016

Jari,

if a smart shape segment from a hairpin with a line break doesn't have a
(manual) BreakOffsetX (i.e. its value is 0), then a change to the
BreakOffsetX doesn't "get active". I.e. the new value is stored, but not
shown in the hairpin. I assume that there is a function like
SetCustomOffset(true/false) missing especially for the BreakOffset.
SetCustomOffset seems to effect EndpointOffset only.

See test code below (create a score with hairpin with a line break and
select the area, then run the script).
The script writes new values to the BreakOffsetX values which are
stored, but no visual change happens.

A similar problem seems to exist with the glissando BreakOffset (see my
very old mail from the 3rd of February 2015).

Best,
Jan

local region = finenv.Region()
local marks = finale.FCSmartShapeMeasureMarks()
marks:LoadAllForRegion(region)
marks:RemoveDuplicateReferences()
for mark in each(marks) do
     local smartshape = mark:CreateSmartShape()
     if (smartshape:GetShapeType() == finale.SMARTSHAPE_DIMINUENDO)
       or (smartshape:GetShapeType() == finale.SMARTSHAPE_CRESCENDO) then
         local rightseg=smartshape:GetTerminateSegmentRight()
         local leftseg=smartshape:GetTerminateSegmentLeft()
         rightseg:SetCustomOffset(true)  --doesn't have any effect here
         rightseg.BreakOffsetX=-24
         leftseg:SetCustomOffset(false) --doesn't have any effect here
         leftseg.BreakOffsetX=24
         smartshape:Save()
         smartshape = mark:CreateSmartShape()
         rightseg=smartshape:GetTerminateSegmentRight()
         leftseg=smartshape:GetTerminateSegmentLeft()
         print(leftseg.BreakOffsetX,rightseg.BreakOffsetX)

Running [Unnamed Script] ======>
24 -24
<======= [Unnamed Script] succeeded (Processing time: 0.067 s).