[JW Lua] JW Lua cross-platform compatibility issues

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Sat Nov 5 22:25:13 CET 2016

Hi Jari,

currently I am testing my plugins on cross-platform compatibility and I
noticed two problems on MacOS (the plugin development was done on Windows):

1.) io.popen seems to be not supported by JW Lua on MacOS.
 From what I have read in some forums this might be an issue of an older
5.2 Lua release for MacOS.
It was recommended to compile with the latest 5.2 Lua release where the
issue should have been fixed.
See for example:
http://forum.cockos.com/archive/index.php/t-166043.html

2.) The dialogs on Windows and MacOS need different scaling factors to
have the same look.
To make my Windows 10 dialog look the same on MacOS (El Capitan) I
needed to scale the x values (Width and X-Offset) by ca. 1.25 and the y
values (Height and Y-Offset) by ca. 1.46.
I don't know if these values are correct for every Windows and MacOS
version, but they seem to work much better than using the default
(identical) scaling on Windows and MacOS.

Best,