[JW Lua] Slur metrics returns wrong values - problem identified

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Wed Nov 16 10:10:53 CET 2016

Hi Chris and Jari,

>The  values of"Smart shape placement" are not always those displayed.
>They  depend on the parameter "Smart Slur Options -> Tips avoid Staff Lines By".
That's the solution!
Although the interesting thing in this case is that the values of "Smart
Shape Placement" are indeed correct here (it's a 12 EVPU distance).
It's only the calculated distance
(FCSmartShape:CalcRightEntryMetricsPos) that returns the wrong value.
But if I add the "Avoid Staff Lines" value to the wrong value, it
becomes correct.
Or: if I set the "Avoid Staff Lines" value to 0 (which doesn't change
the slur visually), the calculated vertical metrics from
CalcRightEntryMetricsPos are also correct.

So there must be a problem somewhere back in JW Lua or in the Plugin SDK
that*accidentally adds the Avoid Stafff Lines values in this case.*

My workaround now: uncheck "Tips Avoid Staff Lines" or set the value to 0.

Best,