[JW Lua] Negative heights in FCStaffSystem:CalcHeight

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Thu Aug 3 10:58:12 CEST 2017

Jari,

I sometimes get weird results in staff height calculations when changing
staff distances through JW Lua:

The score / staff distances looks fine on the screen after the change,
but when I call FCStaffSystem:CalcHeight afterwards it returns wrong
values, even negative staff system heights!

Test script below and test score attached. The test score has a page
height of 4761 EVPU and a staff system slightly smaller, so one would
expect a staff height of approximately 4200 EVPU.
*But JW Lua calculates  -2156EVPU (minus!).*
The score is a first page excerpt of a large orchestra score created in
2014.5. For file size reasons I attached in the Fin2012 format - the
problem remains.

I tested with JW Lua 0.49/Windows/2014.5, but the problem is older and
also occured in 0.45.

Best,
Jan

local staffsystemslookup=finale.FCStaffSystemsLookup ()
local staffsystems = staffsystemslookup:GetCurrentPartStaffSystems ()
for s in each(staffsystems) do
print(s:CalcHeight(false),s:CalcHeight(true),s.TopMargin,s.UseStaffResize,s.Resize,s.StaffHeight/64)