[JW Lua] FCUI:IsFontAvailable() very slow on Fin25 / V0.50 - factor 200

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Tue Aug 8 13:13:41 CEST 2017

Jari,

thanks a lot for the huge update!

 >FCUI:IsFontAvailable() uses the new Finale 25 PDK API for checking
font availability, rather than the using system calls. (Earlier Finale
versions still uses the old implementation.)

It comes with an enormous speed deficit on Fin25 - the factor is about 200.
In all my plugins I am checking about 1000 fonts (including their bold,
italic, bold italic derivatives) for availability on the system. It
takes about 100 milliseconds on Fin2014, but about 20 seconds on Fin25.
Could you please make the old font check also available by option for Fin25?

Best,