[JW Lua] Are FCMeasure properties part-dependent or global ?

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Fri Aug 25 12:29:13 CEST 2017

Jari et al,

I noticed that when I have a score that only has chord symbols on one
staff (and no chords on the other staves) the "chord flag" is also set
to true when I have switched to a part that doesn't have chords.
Is that correct?

I would have expected that when I switch to a certain part and load the
measure object that it only has those flags set that are valid for that
part.
Is this a Finale PDK bug, a JW Lua bug or intended behaviour ?

Test code: (run it on a score with parts, that doesn't have chords on
each part - still it will print the same ChordFlag counter for each part)

local parts=finale.FCParts()
parts:LoadAll()
for p in each(parts) do
     p:SwitchTo()
         local measures=finale.FCMeasures()
         measures:LoadAll()
         local chordflagcounter=0
         for m in each(measures) do
             if m.ChordFlag then
                 chordflagcounter=chordflagcounter+1
         print(p.ID,chordflagcounter)
     p:SwitchBack()
end

Running [Unnamed Script] ======>
0 13   (score with multiple staves of which one has 13 measures with chords)
1 13    (part of a staff that doesn't have chords, but for whatever
reason has the ChordFlag set)
<======= [Unnamed Script] succeeded (Processing time: 0.000 s).

Best,